pwn

As in, I pwn your ass.

According to the urban dictionary:

"A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a
player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned." Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned." It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.

"Man, I rock at my job, but I still got a bad evaluation. I was pwned." OR "That team totally pwned us.""
Pwnage being the state of owning the winning position, for example.

So, it could correctly be said that the Theory of Evolution pwns Creationism, or atheism pwns theism. (Fundies of all ilks, of course, are simply too uninterested in truth and understanding to concede that their position is wrong.)

No comments: